Friday, May 20, 2011

Teen Mom Is It A Bad Influence ?

There are two t.v's shows called sixteen and pregnant and teen mom that have sparked some controversy. Many parents feel they are bad influences on teenage girls.The girls on the t.v show are struggling with school,bills,family issues,some even drugs and the fathers.When I hear that these girls are only doing this for fame I can't help but think they are getting paid a little and if I were them I would want any help I could get.Before anyone goes around thinking oh these girls are getting pregnant to be on this show, I would think about the fact that they are kinda be used by MTV I mean years from now that might look back and regret the t.v show.When I watch this show I defiantly don't have the urge to go out and get pregnant or start a pregnancy pact like some parents think.I actually think this show is yes entertaining even though the drama can be too much for me sometimes and I have to change the channel, but also kinda makes me freak out at the idea of getting pregnant.I think that the show acts as a protection against pregnancy because every time you watch it sex becomes less and less appealing.Some of these concerned parents back their beliefs up with evidence like some girls are watching this and decided to get pregnant and I think that has more to do with those girls then the t.v show.I'm not an expert but I think that as long as you communicate well with your children and they have good self esteem they won't look to have a baby for love.Also the parents who are concerned enough about their children to raise this issue probably are attentive parents who can recognize signs and just have to remember to talk to their kids about sex and how to prevent pregnancy.But that's just my opinion.
-D

No comments:

Post a Comment