Monday, May 30, 2011

Green Exercise

I read an article in The Globe and Mail today called "Why exercising outdoors is better than hitting the gym".I also read an article about elliptical and quad machines coming to parks.The the first article said exercising outside is better because of the fresh air and the scenery to distract you so you work harder.It talks about studies that show "green exercise" is better than exercising in a gym.I don't think the article meant put gym equipment outside I think it meant hike,run,bike,canoe or one of the many other active outdoor activities.I have my doubts about these outdoor exercise machines but I do see its benefits for those  who can't afford a gym membership.I also like the idea that people will take their kids to the park and be able to workout and watch them.I got to tell you I am a little worried about maintenance issues,people stealing or braking them.But I all together think they are a good idea even if all they do is remind people to be active when they drive past these parks.
-D

No comments:

Post a Comment