Wednesday, March 30, 2011

A Vacational Downpour

     The past few times I went travelling I was met with some pretty unpleasant weather. It hailed when I was last in Paris (in July), and the skiing snow melted into a blithering slush pile when I was in Halliburton (in early March.) However, I have absolutely no reason to complain when I compare my weather mishaps to the current devastation in Thailand.
An unseasonable downpour has flooded the islands of Koh Samui and Koh Tao, two very popular tourist destinations in Thailand. Fifteen people are said to have already drowned or have been buried in mudslides, and many more are in need of medical attention. The Thai navy has evacuated 1,200 tourists from the islands so far, but 13, 000 vacationers are apparently still stranded with diminishing food supplies and fuel stocks.
-Em

Eco-Note of the day- If you are in Paris in July and it happens to hail upon you, remember to NOT use the dryer! Each load that goes through a dryer uses the same amount of energy as it would take to make 250 pieces of toast!

No comments:

Post a Comment