Sunday, March 27, 2011

Earth Hour


Last night from 8:30 to 9:30 was earth hour. I hope you spent that hour with your light of in your home. I’m sad to say I looked out my window and found that many of my neighbors did not, so if your a believer in earth hour don't forget to remind your friends, family and neighbors next year, but thank you to those who did. At the beginning of earth hour me and my sister, parents and grandmother were just finishing dinner so it was perfect timing for us. We went around turning of lights and lighting candle, which I think I enjoyed doing too much and my parents were happy that they had to teach me to use a lighter. We ended up playing cars to candlelight till 10:30 and I've got to say I enjoyed it, this id coming from someone who has a lot of guilt on all the family time I've skillfully avoided. By the end of the night we decided since my grandma comes to dinner every Sunday that it would be a new tradition for us to eat and play cards in candlelight. Now if we keep with this and turn all of the lights and heating off for dinner then cards that’s about three hours, which saves a lot of energy. Its just a suggestion but maybe its something you and your family can try trust me there’s nothing like beating your older sister at cards (not that I did but I'm sure I will next Sunday). Another idea is doing something fun and energy conches for earth day all day not just for the hour. Next earth day em and me are hoping to bike to and from school and encourage our friends to do they same. Also we we're going to try not using electricity all day not even the oven and sleeping in my back yard with our friends and eating uncooked food. Anyway, those are just some ideas I hope you had a good earth day and that you will have an even better one next year.
-D

No comments:

Post a Comment