Saturday, March 5, 2011

T.V addiction

Hi my name is  Dana and I am a television addict.  The sad thing is there is a high possibility you are to, the average teen watches 1500 hours of t.v a per year and only 900 spent in school. I know countless teens who have a similar addiction and it has its negative affects.I even heard one classmate say "yes, Pretty Little Liars is back on I have a reason to live again"! Now I know almost all teenagers who are reading this are thinking Dana the girl was kidding, but I'm starting to have my doubts.

Are you one of those teenagers who would get better marks,be more fit and spend more time with family if you watched less t.v, I’m admitting I am. I know many of us have had our parents tell us countless times to stop watching t.v , saying its not good for us . Half the time we roll our eyes thinking I'm fine I have a handle on it but isn't that what all junkies say?I think its time to step back and take what they are saying seriously enough is enough we need to put a serious limit on our t.v watching. Now I'm not saying that we all our getting lower marks,not getting enough exercise,not spending enough time with family and all together watching to much  t.v, but for those who are I think we need help! 
 I’m a firm believer in do it yourself, so join teens views month of March challenge, were we agree not to watch t.v this month and see how it affects our lives.
-D

No comments:

Post a Comment