Saturday, April 30, 2011

Election buzz


When I was tens years old and Canada was having our 39th election I was watching a debate between the main Canadian parties and heard Jack Layton and decided there on the spot I liked him best. Now five years later I don't make such important decisions quite so quickly. But it seems that liking Jack Layton is common among young people sadly for him allot are too young to vote. Yesterday I saw a cartoon on the front of a magazine, it was Jack Layton drawn as a Jack in the box. I believe that cartoon did a good job of representing why young people like him because he's energetic, excited and seems to be happy. He has won allot of young people over, but those young people are mostly too young to vote so the don’t get too involved in politics they just see him and automatically like him. It’s the young adults and teenagers that are interested in politics that really do their research and then usually like conservative or liberal. I thought it was important to mention Jack Layton because of his success so far in this election and explain to any possible adult readers his attraction. I think that the reasons he’s doing well or at least well for a non-conservative of liberal party id that more young people are getting excited about getting out there and voting. Since most young people are attracted to energetic people naturally they are drawn to someone like Jack Layton who they feel is an upbeat politician worthy of more seats. I on the other hand have no idea who I like but suggest to any new voters like my big sister to do more research then he seems like an energetic guy lets make him PM.
-D

No comments:

Post a Comment