Friday, June 3, 2011

Props to ANTHONY E. WOL

I know this is bad but I tend to roll my eyes at articles written by adults about teenagers but today one got my attention in a positive way.In The Globe and Mail yes that seems to be the only newspaper I quote there was an article called "How do I get my grumbling, lazy teen to help around the house"? This article talks about the struggles of having a lazy teen, it talks about if they did not get in the habit of helping out as a child changing their habits is near impossible.I agree, I think that teens have to motivate themselves by seeing their parents struggle instead of by being constantly yelled at.They had a great idea if after repeatably asking g your teen to do something they still say I 'll get to it the article says to try standing there until they do it.Jackpot I don't know about the other teenagers out their but this would work for me,I would hate to have my mother just stand there and watch me I would get up and just do what she asks.They said to do this as an alternative to lecturing or saying something like don't speak to me that way that's my moms favourite because it states that,that will just promote arguing and we teenagers love to argue.Parents out their I would consider the idea,and for all teens lets try to help out more I will at least so we can rub it in their faces!
-D

No comments:

Post a Comment