Saturday, June 4, 2011

Fit For Summer!

My sisters and I had great fun kayaking at the cottage today, and then they had a little too much fun and decided to knock me into the water. My jeans and sweater were absolutely completely soaked but it was surprisingly warm, I did not turn into a emmasicle what-so-ever. Which can only mean one thing: it's almost swimming season!
I'm sure you're already grumbiling that swimming season actually means bathingsuit season, and I'm sure some are grumbiling about extra winter weight. But with the warm weather it's really simple and not to mention environmentally friendly to get fit outdoors!
In an hour the average 150lb person looses:
510 calories running
300 calories walking
300 calories canoeing
620 calories swimming (lengths)
230 calories kayaking
270 biking
480 playing soccer

To check out how many calories you burn for your summer activities visit:
http://www.healthstatus.com/calculate/cbc

-Em

No comments:

Post a Comment