Sunday, February 6, 2011

an intro to us

I was travelling to St.Johns recently, when delayed in the airport I must have watched the news footage and heard about the outrage and protests in Egypt about fifteen times. Honestly, I still had no idea what the reporters were talking about. I mean, obviously the citizens weren't very happy with the government,  so they were protesting, but I had no clue as to why. Even when I finally got home I had to have my dad explain it to me, with constant reminders that I haven't got my PhD let alone completed high school, and did not understand all these schmancy terms he was throwing at me.
The entire concept of this blog is based around this idea. This blog is dedicated to those who care about world issues and current affairs, for those who are looking for more information on them and further explanation. We personally think that it's hard to grasp what's going on in the world from news sources.
Dana and I are two high-school students. Were not mad scientists, or authors or aspiring olympic athletes. We're just ordinary people trying to make sense of many issues around us today. We'll be doing our best to interpret the news and relay them to this blog, translating into language you and I can comprehend. We hope to be posting new information daily (Dana seems to think she'll wake up earlier before school for this.... Bets to how long that lasts?) and we'd most definitely love to hear your thoughts, opinions and all of your questions too! 
Much love from your translators,
-Em & D

No comments:

Post a Comment